With porcelain veneers, you can have the smile you deserve – one that you can be proud to show off. In as little as three visits, we can create a custom smile using porcelain veneers. Our dentists combine the art and science of cosmetic dentistry to give you the most natural looking results. We take your overall appearance into consideration including your eyes, lips, gum tissue, face shape and lips as well as your personality to make sure that your smile truly fits.
Porcelain veneers (sometimes called dental veneers or dental porcelain laminates) are wafer-thin, custom-made shells of tooth-colored material designed to cover the front surface of teeth to improve your appearance. These shells are bonded to the front of the teeth changing their color, shape, size or length.
Porcelain Veneers are routinely used to fix:
- Teeth that are discolored or stained
- Teeth that are worn down
- Teeth that are chipped or broken
- Teeth that are misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped
- Teeth with gaps between them
About the Procedure
Porcelain veneers can generally be completed within three visits. The first visit for a consultation, and two visits to make and apply the porcelain veneers. Diagnosis and treatment planning. You can’t have successful, predictable results without proper diagnosis and treatment planning. During your consultation our doctor will:
- Perform a comprehensive evaluation, examining the entire mouth, jaw joints and muscles
- Discuss your concerns and determine the look you want to achieve
- Take X-rays, digital photographs and impressions to use in our treatment planning
Preparation. Our doctors will:
- Remove a tiny amount of your natural tooth to accommodate the thickness of the porcelain veneers
- Make a model or take an impression of the tooth to send to a dental laboratory where the porcelain veneers will be fabricated
- Give you a temporary porcelain veneers to wear while your permanent porcelain veneers are being made
Bonding. The final stage in the process is to permanently cement the porcelain veneer to your tooth. This process includes:
- Removing the temporary porcelain veneers
- Examining the final restoration for color and fit, making any adjustments needed
- Cleaning, polishing and preparing the teeth to accept the porcelain veneer
- Bonding the porcelain veneers permanently to the teeth using special cement and curing light
- A final evaluation examining your bite and making any last adjustments
A follow up visit will be made after a few weeks to examine the placement and ensure that your gums are responding properly to the presence of the porcelain veneers. With proper care and maintenance, porcelain veneers will last for years to come.
Contact us to learn more about porcelain veneers and see if they can help you achieve the smile you’ve always wanted.